Tuesday, February 13, 2018

California Trump Supporters vs. Jimmy Kimmel: Readers Respond

As of this writing, my Townhall.com article about my appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live has not only received11,000 Facebook shares, but has continued trending for the past week.. This is incredible! I cannot thank conservative and center-right readers in the country enough.

I have received more mail and messages in support of what LA County for Trump did to Jimmy Kimmel, punking him on his own show!



Check out some of the letters I received.

This one I received from a retired marine:

I enjoy reading your articles. I especially enjoyed the Kimmel segment you did. I normally refuse to watch the SOB, but this was worth it. I have a low tolerance for ignorance, but I do continue my search for a liberal that is capable of independent thought and can speak using fact, truth, and lacks “groupthink mentality”. 

This letter was quite an honor. This marine, like all our American soldiers fought to protect my rights, including Freedom of Speech. I exercised those rights accordingly to further not just the conservative point of view, but on a platform too long dominated by the left: Late Night Television.

This reader, all the way Michigan, contacted me, too:

That man has no shame!  I read your article and watched the clip and not surprisingly he didn’t show you or any of the ladies speaking very much at all-only the older gentleman who seemed the least compassionate.

The obvious answer for that DACA recipient is to get married if she is so desperate to stay here. Why that discussion wasn’t fully showed is exasperating but not surprising.

Jimmy Kimmel is an a**hole.

Good luck with what you do. I don’t know how you stand it in California.

Another reason why I decided to go on the Kimmel Show? The country needs to know that not all California residents are brain-dead liberal progressives. 4.5 million Californians voted for Trump, after all.

This smaller note captured the essence of what LA County for Trump wanted to accomplish:

Great work on the Kimmel show. You represented the silent majority well.

We conservatives in general and Trump supporters in particular are not a silent majority at all, but more like the silenced majority. Media bigwigs and corporate broadcasters are only invested in promoting conservative people and their opinions just to arbitrarily mock them.  I couldn’t stress enough times how well we turned the tables on Kimmel. He realized that he was outgunned intellectually and morally from the moment we began speaking.



This last letter was really impressive, coming from a writer still working in the industry:

Loved your Kimmel piece. I'm a Hollywood conservative (half in the closet although I've outed myself on the LA Times Op-ed page several times).  I was also Craig Ferguson's head writer briefly and that was a tough fit.

But your story made my blood pump (in a good way) because Kimmel gets away with far too much.  So thanks. 

Mike

P.S.  I'm also a legal alien from Canada, and naturalized!!  I won that immigration lottery in the 80's, believe it or not. 

How about that? Praise from an active conservative in Hollywood, and a naturalized citizen to boot. What more could one ask?

The article had such an impact, that Mark Reardon of KMOX Radio, part of the CBS affiliate in St. Louis, contacted me through one of his producers to appear on his show. This was huge! I had no idea that the article went that far. He wanted listeners throughout the Midwest, as well as his audience in Canada and Mexico, to know what led up to my appearance on the Jimmy Kimmel Show. I talked about the extreme vetting implemented for us to enter the building, too, in stark contrast to the liberal talk show host’s commitment to open borders and amnesty. Reardon also seized on Kimmels evident animosity toward me.

And it gest more interesting. A friend of mine, well-known YouTube journalist and activist Gary “Grindall61” Gileno, cut his own video expertly exposing how Kimmel’s producers cut out key portions of the forum, showing how the media generally resorts to deceptive, selective editing to push their liberal narrative, which includes shaming and marginalizing conservatives. Within one day, Disney issued a copyright complaint against this video, and YouTube took it down. I guess Big Media can’t handle their trade secrets being exposed!

The outpouring of support has been incredible, but the backlash from the Left against Kimmel has been quite entertaining, too. Deadline wrote a cynical appraisal, as though our clear stance on immigration enforcement was cruel and unsettling. Splinter News resorted to the same left-wing hatemonger smears, especially frequent references to the now-discredited Southern Poverty Law Center.




Conservative sites also shared our story, including Breitbart and Conservative Tribune, emphasizing the argument I had made in my own write-up: Jimmy Kimmel was attempting to bully us to change our minds and/or shame us on national television. Not only did he fail, but our thorough answers on moral, political, and legal grounds stunned him completely, enough that he lost his temper a number of times and exposed what a narrow-minded bigot he really is.

One comment from a Twitter follower captured the sense of vindication for conservatives to see a smarmy, arrogant, liberal talk-show host get taken down a notch:

I’m from NJ and I see your stuff. They expected you guys to all chicken out and feel bad as soon as they brought the kid and husband out, glad you guys didn’t back down! You struck a blow for all of us out there.

My hope is that more conservatives will continue striking blows for our cause, our culture, and our country without fear. Whatever chokehold Hollywood and the liberal media may have held on our minds and political discourse, their power is steadily slipping away.

No comments:

Post a Comment