Thursday, November 9, 2017

Letter to the Editor: About Spacey, "I Couldn't Agree with You More"

Arthur,

I read your article about Kevin Spacey and Hollywood recently and couldn't agree with you more regarding the film "American Beauty." My wife and I were living in China when it came out and we heard about the film right around the time it won the Academy Award for best picture so we saw it a little later than most.



Your observations about the film, especially about the homosexual couple being the only redeeming characters in it were the same as mine. My wife summed it up best when she said to me after we watched it, "There was nothing edifying in that film at all." Thus, it got 4 Academy Awards.

Keep up the good fight. You inspire us like-minded individuals to stand up and not be afraid to speak up about what we believe in the face of the opposition's derision. Not always easy, but thanks for showing the way.

Regards,

James Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment