Sunday, September 10, 2017

Journalistic (And Linguistic) Malpractice: "Don't You Empathize with Those Kids?"

Here are the videos I recorded at the September 5th, 2017 DACA Counter-Protest:


Then


Then


                                     


Then


And finally:




Two reporters came up to me and asked: "Don't you empathize with the plight of the 'dreamers'?"

There are a number of problems with this uestion.

First, it exposes the pro-illegal bias/narrative that the liberal mainstream media insists on pushing at al costs.

Why is the media consumed with this fake sob story? The parents who brought their children into this country illegal bare the full responsibility. It is not an act of love for anyone to break a country's immigration laws--and to put their children into harm's way.

When will the media confront these bad parents who hurt their children? Who pushed them into this lie? Besides, many of these parents can make it back in their home countries, then they can get back into the process and file the necessary paperwork to enter the United States legally.

The second problem, however, rests with their chronic use--and actually misuse--of the word "empathy".

They should be using the term "sympathy", which means "to feel with or feel for".

Empathy means literally "to feel in", which implies that I understand how they feel and share their feelings.

I literally cannot empathize with illegals, young or old. I am not an illegal alien, and I did not break into this country. I do not reside in the United States without authorization. I am a born citizen of this country, and no one can take that away from me.

No, I do not empathize with the illegal aliens in our country who were brought into the United States as children.

I do not.

Nor do I sympathize with them. The United States has offered plenty of sympathy, but what is the thanks that we get? Arrogance and more demands. The sense of entitlement emanating from the DACA recipients is just outrageous. Then there are young illegals who claim "I am an asset to this country!" No, you are not. I do not dare to presume on my presence in this country as though the USA would fall apart without me. I am blessed to be an American, and I treasure my status here.

It's time for the media to stop shaming Americans because they want the rule of law enforced in their countries. It's also time for our elected officials and the corporate Masters of the Universe to stop trying to guilt-trip We the People into going along with their globalist bullying.

It's not going to work anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment